Friday, October 30, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 4




Den Says:
I based Kae Yau's wardrobe in this shot on things I actually own. They are as follows: spaghetti-strap tanktop, khaki slacks, drab green jacket, orange polyester scarf used as a belt. She also wears low-heeled boots. Actually, all of my characters who have feet wear very practical and comfortable shoes and clothing... Years of cosplaying have taught me that comfortable and sensible shoes are essential. I also wanted to make the characters' clothing things that would be easy for cosplayers to track down or make, same with the hairstyles (or in Rosemary's case, lack of hair).  

I really don't like drawing hands, in case you haven't noticed.

And yes. Kae Yau has a LOT of titles. Spoiler alert: she's going to get more as the story progresses, and she's not the only one who will!


PSA: Smoking is a bad idea. Kae Yau has been told this numerous times, but she's old enough that she doesn't give a flip, plus she's not human. Don't imitate her. You are not a multi millennial-old non-human.


Also, if you like the comic, let me know in the comments, or if you see me at a convention or event that has an artist's alley, stop by to chat me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment